BASIC PRINTING SETTING:
Extruder Temp: 225-240° Bed Temperature: 80-90°C Fan Speed: 100%
BUILD SURFACE OPTIONS:
- Glue Stick
- Painters Tape (works the best)
ADVANCED PRINT SETTINGS:
- Extrusion Multiplier: Fine tune the multiplier as needed between the range of .85 and .98 Note that in some FDM printers this metric is referred to as “Flow Rate” instead of “Extrusion Multiplier”. PETG works best below 1.0 to avoid oozing.
- Print Speed: 55mm/s
- Travel Speed: 100mm/s
- Bottom Layer Speed: 30mm/s
- Infill Speed: 55mm/s
- Top/Bottom Speed: 45mm/s
- Outer Shell Speed: 40mm/s
- Inner Shell Speed: 40mm/s
- Infill: Keep infill between 3-9% for standard modeling, end use pieces may require more
- Retraction Settings: Enable Z Hop When Retracting: .1 to .15mm.
- Increase retraction speed and distance incrementally if encountering oozing or stringing. Begin with distance 2mm-5mm for Bowden Extruder and 1-2mm for Direct Drive Extruder.
- First Layer Settings: Include 4 top and bottom layers. Height 115%, Width 100%, Speed 30%.
- Z-Offset: PETG should have a greater z offset than other filaments. between .04-.07. Imagine that the filament is being dropped on each sequential layer. There should be some space between the extruder nozzle and the printed layers.
COMMON ABS TROUBLESHOOTING:
POOR ADHESION OOZING/STRINGING. HOLES IN PRINT
- Clean and Level Print Bed
- Decrease Nozzle Temp
- Increase Z Offset
- Enable Brim Setting
- Increase Travel Speed
- Decrease Print Speeds
- Increase Bed Temperature
- Increase Retraction Speed & Distance
Looking for PETG? Buy Here