BASIC PRINT SETTING:
Extruder Temperature: 215-225°C Bed Temperature: 60°C Fan Speed: 100%
BUILD SURFACE OPTIONS:
- Glass Plate
- PEI Build Sheet
- Painters Tape
ADVANCED PRINT SETTINGS:
- Extrusion Multiplier: Fine tune the multiplier as needed between the range of .95 and 1.10. Note that in some FDM printers this metric is referred to as “Flow Rate” instead of “Extrusion Multiplier”
- Print Speed: The quality of any print is dependent on the print speed. Lower Speed may take much longer but if time is not an issue its recommended to keep speeds between 10-40 mm/s
- Infill: This should be used sparingly to avoid wasted material cost and time. Infill can be kept between 2-6% while printing non-end use products. For end use products, infill can be set between 50%-100% depending on the necessity for a really solid printed piece.
- Retraction Speed: Only adjust if oozing becomes an issue. Keep retraction within 30-100mm/sec
- First Layer Settings: Height 130%, Width 100%, Speed 30%. This is important for the piece to adhere properly to the build sheet.
COMMON PLA TROUBLESHOOTING:
Note: With each issue that arises, there could be one or multiple ways to counter. PLA is generally a simple and easy to use material great for beginners with little to no issues! Always adjust settings in small increments!
- Increase Bed Temperature
- 25% fan speed for first 2 layers,
- print using a brim
Oozing, Zits, and Blobs
- Decrease Extruder Temperature
- Increase retraction speed and distance
- Decrease extrusion multiplier